£25 per hour
about 1 month ago
I am currently looking for a Building Surveyor to work on a Decent Homes project in Wolverhampton.
- To carry out accurate Stock Condition surveys to domestic dwellings across the Wolverhampton City Council’s social housing portfolio, in accordance with predetermined assessment criteria.
- Undertake dilapidation surveys as required including preparing schedules and outline specifications and option appraisals associated with all aspects of Stock Investment.
- Capture and maintain lifecycle information to inform future investment priorities / planned programmes and contribute to the maintenance and operation of a housing stock condition data base.
- Undertake periodic audits of data accuracy and integrity to reinforce the quality of asset management data and to ensure accurate and reliable stock condition information is held.
- Undertake dynamic HHSRS risk assessments to inform asset condition, including summarise and report all key issues.
- Identify opportunities for stock rationalisation, disinvestment, conversion, or redevelopment.
- Undertake energy assessments and create EPC’s where required.
- Undertake 12-month defects / handover inspections on new build dwellings.
- Contribute to long-term decision making on future stock investment priorities by providing accurate assessments and data.
- Assist the Stock Condition Manager in the preparation of feasibility studies, service reviews, committee, and board reports.
- HNC level in Building Surveying or equivalent construction related qualification.
- Knowledge of the varied forms of construction typically found within a social housing portfolio.
- Track record of undertaking stock condition surveys / disrepair surveys in a customer-led environment.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships across challenging or complex working environments.
- Appropriate level of Health & Safety awareness (to include HHSRS training)
- Understanding of risk management.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.