£40k - 42k per year + Package
3 months ago
Building Surveyor - Listed Buildings - Permanent - North London - Up To £42k Basic + £4500 Car Allowance.
My client a large social housing maintenance contractor is currently recruiting for a building surveyor currently studying looking to study towards achieving their APC (MRICS or MCIOB) to work on a long term planned maintenance contract. The type of works will be vary between something as simple as replacing a door to high value repairs such as full roof replacements. The majority of the housing stock will include a variety of Victorian and Edwardian listed buildings.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To identify Lifecycle and Cyclical works under the various contracts, design solutions, manage resident expectations, to procure works (value for money) to place orders and manage works through to completion
- To ensure compliance with all company management policies and procedures and drive continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and direction for Project team members
- Management of Subcontractors and Suppliers
- To provide technical support to colleague as required
- Daily updating of Management information
The preferred candidate will have previous experience as a Building Surveyor with Social Housing experience. You will be fully aware of building regulations, planning and listed building applications, listed building and conservation area protocol, general surveying practices and experience of diagnosing damp and roofing issues. You will also have:
- Ability to assess the correctness, performance to date, and likely future performance of the various constituent elements that combine to make a building.
- Ability to diagnose faults and produce specifications of works.
- RICS certified or similar would be beneficial however this is not essential.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.