City of London
£36k - 39k per year
020 3176 4790
6 days ago
Building Services Engineer
City of London
My client is recruiting a mobile electrical engineer to visit up to 3 sites a day, the main duties of the engineer is to ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regard to critical building systems, to carry out PPM tasks and reactive and breakdown works to all M&E systems within the site. Engineers must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of Air conditioning, UPS, Generators, LV systems, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data. The successful engineer must have at least 5 years commercial maintenance.
1. Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical plant in accordance with Site task
schedules and asset lists.
2. Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in
highlighting areas where improvements can be made. These reactive calls to also include
concessionary stores and fabric related items.
3. Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract. Administer
sub contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on
4. To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with OGS Quality, Health & Safety
procedures and client requirements.
5. Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable
order at all times.
6. Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works.
To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
7. Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding reactive and breakdown works
and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
8. Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, and used for all tasks
undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
9. To develop a good working relationship with all members of OGS staff, subcontractors and
the client representatives.
A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
Training Formally trained in Electro-Mechanical principles to City and Guilds or the equivalent NVQ and Building Services maintenance.
17th Edition BS7671 City and Guilds Experience (Essential) Experience of maintaining all relevant electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.