£50k - 55k per year + 36 days holiday, Pension, Healthcare
about 2 months ago
Building Manager (Cultural Exhibition Centre)
We have a very exciting client direct opportunity for a Building Manager to work in a public facing events/ exhibition venue in London. The Building Manager will be responsible for delivering the strategy for buildings and services to enable our client to deliver on its vision and objectives. Building Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with policy and processes across services including building services and facilities management, third party service providers for cleaning, security, and IT.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities for the Building Manager:
- Accountable for the development and delivery of an effective and efficient building services management and maintenance strategy.
- Manage the contracts and relationships relating to the operation. These will include but are not limited to facilities maintenance, cleaning, security, IT, and fire safety.
- Manage the procurement, performance and appraisal of contracted services ensuring they deliver to high standards.
- Lead and collaborate in multi-disciplinary and cross functional Project teams to deliver specific projects and programmes of activities, bringing together the skills and experience needed to deliver a wide range of shared initiatives and objectives.
- Work closely with other occupants for example, the retail concessionaire and the catering concessionaire to foster positive working relationships and to ensure compliance with operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the landlord’s requirements for maintenance and access.
- Responsible for the effective allocation of expenditure in relation to reactive repairs and maintenance ensuring results are achieved within budget and timescales in line with an effective and efficient maintenance schedule.
- Manage security and fire response systems.
- Develop and implement back-of-house operating procedures.
- Develop, cost and implement a longer-term maintenance plan.
- Organise a regular housekeeping programme maintaining the premises to the highest possible standard.
- Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development, to maximise work output and work quality.
- Work with the Special Events Manager and Programming Team in successfully delivering the operational requirements for special events and venue hire.
- Manage the set-up and operational delivery for all aspects of external hire events, including the hiring and co-ordinating of additional staff and technicians where necessary and liaison with external contractors and suppliers for special events.
- Responsible for the budget allocated to the Repairs & Maintenance of the building. Ensuring effective procurement, negotiation and contracting of services and resources while allocating operational expenditure effectively.
- Significant experience of a public-facing venue and ensuring its safe, secure, and well-maintained operation.
- Working in a busy cultural environment, planning, and delivering a variety of events.
- A track record demonstrating significant progression in management; in a senior level role with direct P&L responsibility.
- A solid track record of success leading cross functional teams.
- Proven track record in managing third party relationships.
- Strategic thinker, experience of converting strategy into detailed operational plans.
- Outstanding project management skills, meticulously well organised and reliable.
- Effective collaborator, able to work with colleagues across the organisation to design and embed systems and processes which meet our needs.
- A relevant Building Services Qualification, e.g. electrical or mechanical qualification.
- Other relevant training, licences and certification are advantageous, such as NEBOSH, IOSH, DBS, SIA, etc.
- First Aid training beneficial
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.