£30k - 40k per year
about 1 month ago
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a managing agent, who are looking for a Building Manager based in Farnborough.
The purpose of the Building Manager is to deal with the day-to-day management and operational activities in line with the H+S and client/tenant requirements. This is a great opportunity to work for one of the largest, most successful property companies in the world giving you a chance to gain critical experience and offer great opportunity for progression within their company.
Day to Day role of the Building Manager:
- Preparation, control and monitoring of the service charge budget in accordance with the client’s budgetary agreement and the time scales set by the business, in conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager.
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes the achievement of all key performance indicators reference those set by the client and also that of the Company.
- Assist with the drafting, control and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site in conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager, This includes ensuring all procurement needs are carried out in line with company policy.
- Ensure a Crisis Management plan is in place that this is reviewed and tested annually.
- To oversee and regularly review the work carried out by contractors to ensure the required standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with the contractual agreement.
- To participate at regular tenant meetings in conjunction with the Building Manager and property and asset management colleagues as applicable. This includes ensuring that all issues are promptly dealt with in accordance with agreed service criteria
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Previous experience of facilities management of property or portfolio of properties especially as a Managing Agent. This includes Line Management responsibility for Company personnel and contractors and management of service agreements.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements, especially around ISO1400
- Previous experience in the mobilisation of new builds and managing the subsequent defect rectification process
- Knowledge of the technical aspect of premises management.
- IOSH qualification
Please apply if the Building Manager role is of interest, or contact Elliot Cariss Smith at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.