£38.5k - 45k per year + Pension & life insurance
25 days ago
Job Title: BMS Engineer
Salary: £38,500 - £45,000
Location: NW10 0RW
Our client who are a leading FM service provider have reached out to Build Recruitment to support them with finding a BMS engineer to work on one of the most exciting contracts in the area. This role as a BMS Engineer will be working on a 40 hour basis Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00 with some exception of overtime when events are taken place, this overtime will then be taken off your next shift. You will be working as a BMS Engineer alongside a big FM team, the ideal candidate would have worked in a large/ public commercial environment previously.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring technical matters relating to Control Systems Plant and Equipment Maintenance on the site.
- To design, develop and maintain method statements for Lighting and BMS to support effective management and control of the site.
- Provide ongoing leadership and support to the maintenance teams to ensure optimum performance and reliability throughout their life cycle.
- To identify and agree system enhancements to improve resilience and performance, including proposing specifications with the Client for extra works and then liaise with prospective subcontractors and prepare quotation to be submitted to the client.
- Provide a Technical point of contact for the Client and Site Technical Staff while ensuring all planned and reactive works on the BMS system, control systems, stand-alone controllers, outstations, sensors and HMI’s including energy and power management systems and lighting control systems are completed to the correct client and legislative standard.
- To monitor and assure the environmental controls within the building and in specialist areas conform to the required specifications and tolerances, including the review and analysis of alarm logs, leading to the diagnosis and rectification of any deviations at root cause
- Scheduling BMS and LCS for non-event and event days.
- Respond to and action ad hoc BMS and LCS requests to improve productivity of the site team. This requires flexibility and adaptability of workload on a day-to-day basis.
- Be key liaison to BMS and LCS controls specialist and work closely with them to identify and diagnose faults and deliver resolutions and implement and deliver maintenance/improvement/upgrade programmes.
- Forecast weather and plant issues and plan, agree and implement contingency measures with Contract Manager.
- Key liaison with AHU and FCU specialists to identify and diagnose faults and deliver resolutions, and implement and deliver maintenance/improvement/upgrade programmes
- Point of escalation within site team escalation process in and out of hours.
Qualifications or Required Experience
- · Preferably be an apprentice trained engineer who has recognised technical qualifications in Control Systems Engineering and preferably working towards Incorporated Engineering registration with an approved engineering body.
- · Significant industry experience in control and automation at technician/engineer level working in a critical environment reinforced with sound knowledge of Building Services (Power control, Electrical; AC; Boilers; Water Systems; Chillers; Generators; UPS’s, etc.) with demonstrable complex problem solving skills.
- · Working knowledge of TREND BMS system and Integrated BMS systems, Simmtronics lighting control system and Dali Lighting System
- · IOSH or equivalent health and safety qualification.
- · Show diligence in safe working methods Standardised Job Description
- · Must be able to read and work to mechanical and electrical schematic drawings.
For more information, please contact Ruby Skinner at Build Recruitment.
(“BMS engineer” or “Building management system engineer” or “BEMS engineer” or “Building energy management system engineer” or “building control system engineer”) AND (“commercial” or “leisure” or “facilities management” or “fm”)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.