BW - HM - Herts
27 days ago
Position: Bid Writer / Manager
Salary: Up to £45,000 + package
The main purpose of the role is to manage the process of compiling and producing quality bids to win contracts with an expected value of £500k to £6M.
The successful cnadidate will report directly to the Business Development Manager and works as part of the Sales and Marketing team. The Bid Writer will be responsible for securing works and working on tracking and managing progress of works and presenting final bids to clients as required.
Essential skills will include your ability to build relationships, both internally with the estimating team, design team, commercial team, sales teams, and operational delivery sector to dealing with the client’s representatives and the subcontractors tendering for work on the project. You will be required to work as part of the New Business team and provide support to The Relationship Manager.
Attention to detail is a must as a large percentage of the job role includes for analysis of PQQ/SQ’s and ITT documents and the production of accurate bid documentation.
- Development of a ‘Win Culture’
- Responsible for developing and writing winning SSQ and Tender proposals
- Maintain strong links with business development to share good practice
- Responsible for the timely planning and ensuring all timelines are met and bids are submitted accurately
- To co-ordinate all parties involved in the bid process ensuring everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected of them and knows when their deadlines are.
- Read, understand, and extract the key bid requirements from the documentation received and communicate with all parties via Tracking Sheets, Planning and Review meetings
- Identify and communicate evaluation criteria and its relevance to question specific scores
- Plan, write & co-ordinate submission responses ensuring client and job specific answers
Experience and skills
- Educated to A Level standard
- Professional Qualification
- Computer Literate in MS Office
- Strong understanding of the housing industry
- Experience in writing and submitting Bids
- Industry contacts
- Proven track record of bid management throughout the full bid lifecycle
- Social Housing Knowledge/Experience
- Up to date construction industry knowledge
- Basic Interview & presentation Skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Good at developing relationships with Operational leaders
- Ability to stay focused and precise
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Proven written communication
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.