£30k - 35k per year
3 months ago
Position: Bid Writer - Social Housing
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Location - North West London
- Responsible for the timely planning, management and completion of allocated selection questionnaires and tender submissions through the various stages of the procurement process
- Planning, drafting, writing and coordinating responses to bids.
- Be able to construct relevant answers which clearly answer the client’s requirements, ensuring the company is in the best position to be successful in the process.
- Build internal and external relationships with individuals in order to create quality bids
- Visit operational sites and other offices.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the team
- Undertake research for the team to improve bid content
- Develop and use creative approaches to the writing and presentation of bids
- Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy
- Ensure the quality of the response meets the company standards
- Maintain a high level of market intelligence, legislative requirements and best practice in order to create winning bids
- Ensure accurate and up to date information is used in all submitted documents
- Updating a library of company standard SQ and tender responses (Boilerplate)
- Create / assist with PowerPoint presentations
- Provide administrative support as required
- Previous experience in social housing bids
- A skill that would add value to the team for example a graphic design background; expertise in Planned, Voids, Repairs & Maintenance bids.
Skills / Knowledge
- Industry knowledge – familiar with the industry as a whole
- Proven written communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Good at developing relationships with wide spectrum of people
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Ability to prepare and make a presentation to a small audience
- Advanced skills in MSOffice including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and InDesign would be an advantage
- Demonstrates an understanding of how actions taken and words spoken influence other people
Education / Qualifications
- Educated to A level standard as a minimum
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word is essential)
- Full valid UK driving licence
- HNC, Degree or Construction related qualification would be an advantage
If you require further information please email Gary.Sewell@Buildrec.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.