£30k - 45k per year + benefits
11 months ago
Role: Bid Writer
Location: London, Stafford, St Helens and Livingston
The purpose of the role is to take a position within the Business Development Team, delivering high quality bid responses across Asbestos and Health & Safety to both Public and Private Sector clients.
You will be responsible for the identification of bid opportunities, work alongside the Sales Director to ensure engagement that leads to invitation, creation of bid responses, and development of our bid library content.
The workload will be varied and will involve engagement with our technical delivering teams, and our Senior Management Team, reporting directly into our Sales Director.
You will be expected to deliver high standards of work at all times and actively engage with colleagues in project teams to ensure that bids are delivered to the required standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Own elements of bid creation and submission and deliver them through to successful conclusion
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships internally and externally
- Deliver bids on time to the requirements of internal quality standards
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of our bid activity
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to drive organisations towards improved quality of bid submission
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Full clean UK driving licence as travel may be required
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of successful performance in a similar role, consistently meeting expectations
- Experience of bid writing in compliance, health & safety or asbestos fields
- An ability to effectively identify potential bid opportunities, working with Sales Director
- Experience of working in an environment where commercial performance targets are part of the workload
- Familiarity with bid portal procedures
- Ambition and self-motivation with a strong commercial focus and can-do attitude
- Impeccable written English skills and attention to detail
- Strong comprehension skills
- A creative flair combined with commercial writing skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- An ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and supporting colleagues to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to communicate at all levels
- Experience of the tender process and key terminology and documents
- Experience of leading projects and coordinating activities within a team
- A Degree education (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / professional writing background
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
- A track record of successful bid submission
- Knowledge of asbestos regulatory requirements/health & safety legislation
- Ambition for career progression
Salary And Benefits
- A competitive salary is offered commensurate with experience, along with a wider employment package.
Hours & Pattern Of Work:
- Hours of work are 09:00 – 17:30. Please note that commute travel to site may be required outside of these hours.
- My client will accept applications from candidates who are seeking to work 3 days per week and above, up to a full 5 day working week Monday to Friday.
- They have 4 UK offices in London, Stafford, St Helens and Livingston, and you can operate from any of these or be home based.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.