£40k - 45k per year + Package
29 days ago
Role: Bid Writer
Salary: £45k plus package
My client are seeking the appointment of an additional Bid Writer who will be responsible for managing the end-to-end completion of Selection Questionnaires (SQs) and tender submissions in line with the procurement procedures set by clients for opportunities typically worth £100k - £50m.
The company provides essential front-line property maintenance, repair and refurbishment services for housing associations, councils, government agencies, management companies, schools, universities and NHS trusts.
Key activities of the Bid Writer:
- Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the different technical and operational delivery solutions offered by the business such as planned preventative maintenance, and responsive repair services.
- Maintain a basic level of market intelligence, awareness of legislative requirements and best practice in order to create winning bids.
- Build a detailed view of the client requirements based on the client specification, existing business intelligence and the completion of client research – using this to develop creative and innovative bid solutions and proposal documents that meet the client’s needs and aspirations.
- Have a clear understanding and interpretation of the questions within the PQQ and tender documents.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with key operational and commercial representatives in the business to coordinate technical inputs needed for bids in a timely manner.
- Provide inputs to update and maintain a bid library of high quality company tender documentation.
- Review the submission against client requirements, for quality and accuracy, either individually or as part of a team
- Develop a creative approach to the writing and presentation of bids.
- End-to-end management and ownership throughout the entirety of the bid lifecycle (to include selection questionnaires, tenders, site visits and interviews) ensure deadlines are met and submissions are compliant, well written and coordinated in a timely manner.
- Support / lead in the effective Kick Off of tenders, holding meetings with key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the development of an effective win strategy and solution for complex / non-standard tenders.
- Maintaining the Bid Tracker and reporting tools including populating with all relevant information to ensure bid reporting is kept up to date – status of bids / decisions.
- Seeking feedback on successful and unsuccessful bids, discussing feedback with relevant parties and ensuring any lessons are learned for future bids
- Good IT and written / verbal communication skills
- Good level of interpersonal skills
- Must be organised and able to manage their own time in order to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High standard of written English and copywriting or other professional writing experience.
- Graduate, or with equivalent relevant experience
- Strong organisation and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of Adobe InDesign or other design packages.
- Proven track record of bid management throughout the full bid lifecycle in a comparable sector / organisation
Should you be interested in applying for the role or have any questions please email Gary.Sewell@Buildrec.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.