day rate and benefits dependant on experience
018 7224 8898
3 months ago
Solar Farm Electrical Technician
What we offer
Our client is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance.
They offer are looking to offer a contracting day rate and benefits of working away Monday to Friday most weeks .
The Solar Farm Electrical Technician is a site-based role performing Operation & Maintenance duties on utility-scale solar plants with outputs of 5 MW and above (25 acres and above).
The overall purpose of the role is to ensure the solar plants achieve outstanding levels of safety, quality and performance at a cost that meets operational budget, as part of an industry leading team of renewable energy specialists.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified electrician with experience operating and maintaining MW-scale solar plants and/or DC/HV Experience.
You will need to be comfortable working away from have a full driving licence. This is a long term contracting role and will require availability to be mobilised at short noitce. A company phone and laptop/tablet will be provided. An overtime system is in place.
Technicians who demonstrate an aptitude for career progression will be encouraged to broaden their experience to advanced levels such as an industry recognised HV Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP). For team members who embody our values of Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence, the opportunities for growth are huge.
- The responsibilities of the Solar Farm Electrical Technician include:
- Adherence to health and safety requirements always and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the solar plants
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements
- Undertaking planned inspection and maintenance according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of PV modules, DC strings and inverters
- Undertaking AC and DC testing, troubleshooting and fault-finding
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting and repairs on sensors and communication equipment including RS485, Ethernet and fibre optic networks
- Configuration of computer-based devices and components, including firmware updates
- Occasionally assisting with ground maintenance or mechanical work
- Carrying out inductions for sub-contractors and supervising their work
- Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports
- Keeping in close communication with the O&M office
- working away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time
- Induct and manage sub-contractors, ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work
Other duties commensurate with the role
- Knowledge of central inverters highly desirable
- Principles of High Voltage operations
- Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks
- Good knowledge and understanding of solar PV technology Experience Essential
- DC installation
- DC fault finding, testing and commissioning
- LV installation
- LV fault finding, testing and commissioning
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision Qualifications Essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Fully qualified Electrician Desirable
- Inspection and testing qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5) highly valued
- First aid qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications (e.g. IOSH, SSSTS, CSCS)
- Advanced electrical qualifications
- Central inverter training qualifications
- High Voltage qualifications and authorisations.
if you are interested in this position please "click" APPLY on this Job advert for your most updated CV to be considered or call LEANNE at Build Recruitment ltd.
Build Recruitment ltd (SW) are dedicated consultants situated in Cornwall and are equal opportunities employers.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.