£35k - 60k per year
018 7224 8898
22 days ago
Quantity Surveyor - St Austell, Cornwall permanent contract for on ongoing works
Are you a Quantity Surveyor seeking progression with successful principal contractor securing significant amounts of work in the South West?
Build Recruitment are looking for a Quantity surveyor who exists to join a dynamic team with an interesting variety of projects throughout Devon, Somerset and Cornwall.
our client is an established and well-structured team in place at the beginning of a significant infrastructure program to deliver a new highways scheme.
As such your development will be well catered for and is likely to lead to accelerated progression to Senior Quantity in a measured and considered timeframe.
The scheme has been priced and value on NEC3 target cost with the majority of work being self-delivered minimising the headache of managing external sub-contractors.
In undertaking this role you will be responsible for monthly applications and cost value reconciliations / Assessing risk and cost monitoring./ Quarterly cost and value reconciliations / Procurement an administration / Measurement of the works (where applicable) and dealing with change.
The job role will incorporate the following tasks:
• Establish and manage all post contract commercial and procurement systems and procedures. Develop organisation, training and communications accordingly. • Responsible for risk management, commencing with review of tender documentation. • Work with senior managers to plan, forecast and subsequently report project commercial performance. • Consolidate individual contract reports into monthly management accounts, working with finance department. • Forecast and manage cash flow through submission and agreement of applications and final accounts. • Work with senior management to maximise commercial benefit of all contracts and effectively manage contract variations. • Establish procedures to meet required standards (internal and external). • Develop partnership initiatives with customers and suppliers. • Ensure the necessary expertise is available to support dispute management efforts with clients and sub-contractors. • Ensure commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts are managed from procurement to interim and final account agreement. Support development of Sub-Contractor and Major Supplier Contract Agreements. • Maintain functional (commercial) communications with Group.
The position will be an integral part of the contractor and regional commercial team working on a key project in the South West.
The commercial team work closely with their clients and the operational teams striving to build and establish strong client relationships without over reliance on contractual terms.
You will need to demonstrate prior experience ideally within infrastructure projects in the region but will enjoy an established business delivering a range of prestigious a long-term project bespoke, individually tendered and as part of frameworks.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-4 years minimum experience within Civils Highways infrastructure ideally.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem-solving abilities.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills.
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence.
What you will get in return as a guide salary range of £35,000 to £40,000 p/a plus extensive package including pension, car allowance, healthcare, and other additional benefits, flexibility on salary is possible as the importance of the right candidate and commercial fit is paramount.
in the first instance or for a confidential discussion call Leanne Rayner at Build Recruitment in st Austell 07407802761 or "click" apply and we will call you to discuss....
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.