£18 - 19 per hour
5 months ago
My client, a national housing contractor are currently looking to recruit an experienced assistant site manager. My client provides planned maintenance and refurbishment to a number of housing associations & borough councils throughout London & the South. The role will consist of working on an internal and external planned maintenance contract covering the Middlesex area. Works mainly consist of structural adaptations, window and door replacements and roofing refurbishment.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- To assist and support the Project/Site Manager in the efficient management of on-site activities to successfully complete the project in a safe manner, to cost, to the stipulated quality standards.
- Accountable for all daily operational activity and the management of operatives and sub-contractors ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage activities on site, ensuring that the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring the Project Delivery Plan is followed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality and programme standards are delivered (avoiding any defects later), undertaking regular reviews to monitor progress against programme addressing any shortcomings and issues as they arise.
- Ensure all operatives and sub-contractors are wearing appropriate PPE at all times during site activities.
- Must have a valid SMSTS or SSSTS and CSCS card
- Good working knowledge of decent home projects
- Must have experience with external and internal planned maintenance contracts
The successful candidate must be able to start immediately.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.