£25k - 35k per year + Package
14 days ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (R&M) - Housing Maintenance Contractor - Permanent – West London - Up to £35k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking a R&M Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a main social housing maintenance contractor based in West London. The contract will consist of responsive minor & major repairs as well as voids. My client is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor that is keen to work for a top contractor with a great reputation and eager to progress within their career. Duties will rely heavily on the use of the national schedule of rates (NHF 6.1) and successfully maximising profitability when valuing and overseeing repairs as well as maintaining targets, cost forecasting, pricing variations, monthly CVR's and more.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
- Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry
- To maintain established profit margins
- To price all works in line with current market conditions
- To improve where possible company profits
- To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
- Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
- Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
- Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
- Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Preparing scopes and pricing works, SOR coding using NHF or equivalent
My client are a large social housing & commercial maintenance contractor. They have a varied portfolio of clients consisting of a number of local councils and housing associations. Down to growth within the business they have a very exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor.
Successful candidates will have experience as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor and financial knowledge within the social housing sector. They will have experience and a strong knowledge using schedule of rates to maximise profit. They will have a BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying.
If you require any further information please feel free to contact me on 07534 119782.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.