£24k - 28k per year + package and benefits
10 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Planned Maintenance/Decent Homes) - Social Housing Contractor - Permanent - London - Up To £28k Basic Plus Package.
My client are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a main social housing maintenance contractor based in London. The role will be to work on planned decent homes contracts covering a mixture of external & internal maintenance such as roofing, windows, fabric repairs, cyclical decorations and kitchen & bathroom replacements. My client are looking for enthusiastic candidates that have recently completed their degree in quantity surveying and keen to pursue a career as a Quantity Surveyor. Ideally the candidate will have previous experience working within social housing planned maintenance (Decent Homes).
- To begin with typical duties will be to assist with management of sub-contractors including variations, valuations, sub-contractor payments, assist with CVR's, issuing payments etc.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports.
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
My client are a main social housing maintenance contractor operating throughout the UK. They have a large portfolio of contracts with a number of local authorities. Down to growth within the business they have a very exciting Assistant QS position available offering a highly competitive salary along with career training, tuition sponsorship and career progression.
- Must be working towards or hold a HNC or BSc in Quantity Surveying
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years experience as an Assistant QS
- Ideally have experience in Schedules of rates
- Must have confident communications skills.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.