£25k - 35k per year + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Main Contractor
South East London
£25K - £35K + Benefits
We are currently looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, on behalf of our client, a Main Contracting division of a global organisation who have experienced great success in the London Commercial market. Although still at an early stage, this division is already turning over £40m over the next financial year and plans to build upon this steadily over the coming years.
Our client delivers a seamless service for their high-profile clients and are looking for an experienced Contractor’s Quantity Surveyor, who can deliver on the same values of excellence. If you are an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with experience delivering Commercial Design and Build projects up to the value of £15m, this could be the exciting opportunity you’ve been looking for.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our client, your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and issue cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain commercial records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value variations
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
Requirements for this role:
- 2+ years experience in a Quantity Surveying role
- Proven negotiation/communication skills.
- The ability to work closely with the other disciplines to deliver value-driven high-quality developments within defined timescales.
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or contact Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.