£25k - 35k per year + Benefits
3 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
City of London
£25k - £35k
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly successful Civil Engineering Contractor, who are searching for an up and coming Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their London team.
Our client have started out as a specialist sub-contractor and now grown to the point that they are acting as principal contractor or £20m schemes for leading developers.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to build upon their general construction knowledge, whilst working in a high-performing company that promotes a family run culture.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our client, some of your responsibilities:
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and issue cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain commercial records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value variations
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required in the South-West London area
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Ideally 2+ years experience with a Main-Contractor or specialise Sub-Contractor
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or vocational equivalent
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, or would like to hear further details, please apply via the link or contact Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or email@example.com.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.