£25k - 35k per year + Package
3 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Planned Maintenance) - Social Housing
Permanent - Up To £35k Basic Plus Package
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a main contractor specialising in social housing maintenance based in Thame. The role will be to work on a mixture of planned decent homes contracts covering a mixture of external & internal maintenance such as roofing, windows, fabric repairs, cyclical decorations and kitchen & bathroom replacements.
As part of such a varied contract, this is a great role for a Quantity Surveyor just starting out in the industry, or an experienced Assistant looking for a role closer to home.
Our client is looking for experienced quantity surveyors within the social housing sector with previous experience working on a variety of work streams, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates knowledge, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc…
As a Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
- Compile valuations with QS.
- Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports.
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- To support the QS in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout.
- Assist the QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work.
- Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Logical and auditable collation of supporting financial documentation.
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by a contractual or financial arrangement.
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply chain.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the social housing sector
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.