£25k - 30k per year + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Assistant QS (Planned Maintenance) – Social Housing
£25k - £30k + benefits
We are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a market leading main contractor specialising in social housing maintenance for their office in Havant. The role will be to work on a mixture of planned decent homes contracts covering a mixture of external & internal maintenance such as roofing, windows, fabric repairs, cyclical decorations and kitchen & bathroom replacements.
Our client is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to proactively support the Commercial team on the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial, financial and contractual elements of the designated projects.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our client, your responsibilities may include;
- To assist the QS with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase.
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
- Compile valuations with QS.
- Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports.
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- To support the QS in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout.
- Assist the QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work.
- Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Logical and auditable collation of supporting financial documentation.
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by a contractual or financial arrangement.
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply chain.
You will need:
- 2+ years experience in Quantity Surveying
- Some knowledge of Refurbishment/Regeneration schemes
If you are interested in the role above please apply via the link, alternatively if you have any questions or would like to apply directly, please call Tom Fitzpatrick on 07496 601 999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.