£25k - 30k per year + Car + Healthcare
about 1 month ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing
Permanent - £25k - £30k + Car Allowance
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a main contractor specialising in social housing maintenance based in St. Albans. The role will be to work within their existing reactive maintenance team.
Our client is looking for an eager assistant quantity surveyor within the social housing sector with previous experience working on a variety of work streams, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates knowledge, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc.
If you are interested in a move into a leading main-contractor where you can be a part of a successful and stable team, this could be the opportunity for you.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- Assist in the commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable as required by the SQS/QS.
- Assist the SQS/QS with cash management including timely application / certification / invoicing / payment / receipts and careful administration of subcontract accounts.
- Accurate valuations and/or SOR billing undertaken as required.
- Assist with the procurement of subcontract trades as directed.
- Assist with the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Site visits as required to carry out surveying duties.
- Utilise the iMS system and Commercial Management Rules to ensure standards and consistency across the business.
- Assist in pulling together information for contract KPI’s
- Assist in implementing all our policies, company and industry standards and initiatives and manage contractual compliance across all projects as directed.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the social housing sector
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or email email@example.com.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.