£25k - 30k per year + + Benefits
6 months ago
Assistant / Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Permanent - £25-30k
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a highly reputable national services contractor. The role will be to work closely with the wider commercial team on maintenance of a large portfolio of privately owned residential stock on a large long term partnering contract which is just mobilising
The role will look after a wide range of R&M upgrade works such as Major Repairs, Voids, Minor Planned Works, M&E. Our client is looking for an ambtious AQS with a some construction experience and or a recent graduate with a Quantity Surveying or Construction management degree
This is an excellent opportunity to learn from highly expereineced senior professionals in a vibrant envronment and quickly progress up the ranks on a long term contract
If you are interested in a move to an established, 1st tier national services busines where you can be a part of a successful and stable team, this could be the opportunity for you.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- To assist the Commerical Manager and Directors with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase.
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
- Compile valuations
- Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports.
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration.
- To support the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout.
- subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work.
- Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or some Quantity Surveying experience
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.