£30k - 40k per year + Car + Benefits
13 days ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Planned Maintenance) - Social Housing
Permanent - Up To £40k + Car Allowance
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a main contractor specialising in social housing maintenance based in Camden. The role will be to work within the planned maintenance team, working on a variety of workstreams within the contract with a total budget of £24m per annum. This is part of a contract that has been secured for the next 5 years.
Our client is looking for an experienced quantity surveyor within the social housing sector with previous experience working on a variety of work streams, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates knowledge, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc.
If you are interested in a move into a leading main-contractor where you can be a part of a successful and stable team, this could be the opportunity for you.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- To assist the QS with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase.
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
- Compile valuations with QS.
- Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports.
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- To support the QS in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout.
- Assist the QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work.
- Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Logical and auditable collation of supporting financial documentation.
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by a contractual or financial arrangement.
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply chain.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the social housing sector
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.