£28k - 38k per year + Car + Benefits
7 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Planned Maintenance)
Permanent - £28- £38k + Car Allowance
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, an up and coming main contractor specialising in roofing and facade refrubishments based in Camberley. The role will be to work closely with the senior management team working on a variety of projects across the South East, predominantly for Blue Chip Clients
Our client is looking for an ambtious AQS with a couple of years experience in construction post univeristy with previous experience working in a main contractor environment, with exposure to measurements, valuations, sub constractor managmeent, cost reporting and variations etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn from highly expereineced senior professionals in a vibrant envronment and quickly progress up the ranks
If you are interested in a move to an established, growning SME main contractor where you can be a part of a successful and stable team, this could be the opportunity for you.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- To assist the Commerical Manager and Directors with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at pre-construction phase.
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management.
- Compile valuations w
- Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports.
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration.
- To support the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout.
- subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work.
- Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner.
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the main contractor sector
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.