£30k - 36k per year + Pension, Health+dental care
5 months ago
Assistant Facilities Manager (Technical)
£30-36k + 12% pension, Healthcare, Dentalcare, 25 days holiday, shopping discount card.
I currently have a very exciting client direct opportunity for someone from a Technical engineering background to progress their career and move into an Assistant Facilities Management position. This Assistant Facilities management role will give you the opportunity to progress your career and learn more about the FM side of the business. This Assistant Facilities Management opportunity can be for someone junior who is looking for a step up and doesn’t have all of the skills below yet or someone stepping across, but you must have drive to succeed and learn.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Assistant Facilities Manager
- Supervise planned preventative maintenance schedule and work with M&E provider to ensure that statutory compliance, best practice and PPMs are completed as required
- Organise reactive maintenance and repairs when needed
- Re-lamping and small repairs
- Assist with the admin and delivery of desk moves and co-ordinate with global facilities and IT
- Organise work on site, prepare plans and labels, arrange for supplier services
- Update the floor plans in connection with the global facilities
- Office moves have to be conducted out of business hours (week-ends, rarely nights)
Fit out work
- Prepare and organise work in coordination with global facilities and IT
- Check the quality of supplier services/work
On site event support
- Facilitate the coordination of client events (lunch, conference, drinks) by liaising with internal clients and working with the marketing team.
- Meeting room set ups
Health & Safety
- Assist the Facilities Manager to provide H&S compliance & best practice throughout the office
- Additional H&S responsibilities: Fire Marshal, First Aider, DSE assessor.
- Furniture, including temporary storage
- Supplies for moves & changes
- Catering supplies
Profile for the Assistant Facilities Manager
- Good working knowledge of hard services, particularly electrical.
- Relevant experience in facilities management
- Sense of client service
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety rules
- Good initiative, organisational skills and ability to work in a team or on their own
- Personable, confident, strong communication skills & attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work and a willingness to learn
- Exercise discretion when required and good sense of awareness
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
Desirable: IOSH qualified.
Shift Hours: 06:30 – 15:00 or 10:00 – 18:30
(some evening / weekend work may be occasionally required)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.