£30k - 45k per year + Package
4 months ago
Assistant Estimator – Facades and Cladding
£30,000 to £45,000 + Package
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a Client, who are looking for an Assistant Estimator based in South London
The role will involve estimating primarily residential high-rise Façade/Cladding remedials works with tender opportunities coming from various Housing Association Frameworks and private ventures.
- The successful candidate will plan and lead all matters relating to the Contracting Tenders in union with our other departments.
- Check and acknowledge bid documents and modifications.
- Develop a full set of documents based both on Sub-contract tender returns and/or own measures with rates applied.
- Analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs.
- Researching, sourcing, negotiating, and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend mid and post tender meetings with clients.
- Develop risk analysis of the information provided/not provided by the Client.
- Review and ascertain costs associated with logistics, time frame etc.
- Visiting project sites to gather information and prelims costs.
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager, Head of Design and Head of Operations.
- Complete Form of Tender and tender letter with any qualification and complete contract sum Analysis/Schedule if necessary.
- Prepare information packages for handover to construction team if successful, attend handover meeting and brief the team on tender bid.
- Identify scope of value engineering / value creation and identify tender risk
- A minimum of 2/3 years of experience in an Estimating fashion within the construction Industry.
- Experience with Façade /remedials works would be desirable.
- Experience with on-screen Take off
- Knowledge of facades/rainscreen cladding and EWI
- Technically minded with reading and interpreting detail drawings.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Highly numerate, with the ability to build Bill of Quantities quickly and accurately.
- Must have a confident, resourceful and 'can-do’ approach to work.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn new skills.
- Car Allowance
- Other benefits
Please apply or contact Aaron Battrawden at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.