£25k - 28k per year
6 months ago
Assistant Building Surveyor
My client is a leading provider of social housing in North/West London, currently looking for an Assistant Building Surveyor on a full time permanent basis as part of their Property Services department.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Building Surveyor
- Support the development of the programme of works for all planned maintenance, servicing and repair work for a designated number of residential properties.
- Support project delivery for all planned investment works, and cyclical maintenance work for a designated number of residential properties, to ensure quality and compliance standards and customer expectations are met, including on-site inspections during the progress of the works.
- Undertake pre and post contract validation surveys and ensure relevant details are accurately recorded, and maintenance records kept up to date.
- Support contract management in accordance with the appropriate form of contract, commissioning appropriate work orders, including monitoring progress to completion, ensuring contract obligations are fulfilled in line with agreed performance frameworks, identifying under performance and escalating via agreed routes as required.
- Contribute to the development and review of relevant budgets including processing payments for approved contracted works.
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records, including details of component replacement works, using appropriate systems and databases, ensuring the integrity and quality of data to enable regular analysis to be carried out and reporting to be completed as required.
- Manage Asset Services’ stakeholder and customer enquiries effectively, providing clear, supportive and accurate advice or signposting as appropriate and escalating complaints and complex queries via the appropriate channels to ensure effective resolution.
- Ensure internal business processes are followed in line with the Group’s policy, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Respond flexibly to any necessary changes in work priorities and undertake other duties when required to support the effective operation of the service.
Essential skills for an Assistant Building Surveyor
- An understanding of project management methodologies.
- Effective contract management skills including managing service and maintenance contracts.
- Effective stakeholder management, both internally and external to the organisation, including the ability to successfully persuade and influence others.
- Evidence of using sound judgement when making effective decisions.
- Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work at all levels within the business.
- Excellent team player who can work flexibly to meet business requirements.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Desirable Skills for an Assistant Building Surveyor
- Experience in the building industry, ideally working within a customer focused housing repair and maintenance team.
- Relevant building, maintenance, compliance or facilities management qualification e.g. HNC in Building
- Relevant health and safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH General, or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification
- Excellent negotiator, with a good level of ICT and verbal/written communication skills
If you are interested in applying for this Assistant Building Surveyor role or require further information please contact Daisy from Build Recruitment on 07944 267 229 or send your CV to email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.