£25k - 35k per year
2 days ago
Build Recruitment are working with a Facilities Services provider to make the key appointment of Assistant Building Manager for a prestigious building in the heart of Birmingham City Centre.
The purpose of the Assistant Building Manager is to support the Building manager with the day-to-day management and operational activities in line with the H+S and client/tenant requirements. They will be ensuring a high standard of service is always provided whilst promoting and maintaining excellent relationships with the team, the client stakeholders, and the suppliers.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to progress in a company that values its employees by offering training to develop their staff. It will provide a good step to management as they will be responsible for the management of the building when the building manager is off.
The key objectives of the role are below:
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes the achievement of all key performance indicators reference those set by the client and also that of the Company.
- Assist with the drafting, control and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site in conjunction with the Building Manager, Senior Facilities Manager and surveyor as applicable. To carry out regular hard and soft service inspection audits of the site and take/organise remedial action if and when required.
- To work in conjunction with the Building Manager, key stakeholders and external clients ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place.
- To participate at regular tenant meetings in conjunction with the Building Manager and property and asset management colleagues as applicable. This includes ensuring that all issues are promptly dealt with in accordance with agreed service criteria.
- To ensure all health and safety audits carried out in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions carried out within due timetable. This also includes ensuring that Meridian (H&S Management tool) is regularly monitored and updated in accordance with all the Health and Safety requirements and current legislation.
If the assistant building manager role sounds like something you would be interested in, please do get in touch.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.