£25k - 35k per year
3 months ago
Assistant Building Manager
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a managing agent, who are looking for an assistant building manager based in Birmingham City Centre.
The purpose of the Assistant Building Manager is to support the building manager with the day-to-day management and operational activities in line with the H+S and client/tenant requirements. This is a great opportunity to work for one of the largest, most successful property companies which will give you a chance to gain critical experience and potentially progress within their company.
Day to Day:
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes the achievement of all key performance indicators reference those set by the client and also that of the Company.
- Assist with the drafting, control and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site in conjunction with the Building Manager, Senior Facilities Manager and surveyor as applicable.
- To carry out regular hard and soft service inspection audits of the site and take/organise remedial action if and when required.
- To work in conjunction with the Building Manager, key stakeholders and external clients ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place.
- To participate at regular tenant meetings in conjunction with the Building Manager and property and asset management colleagues as applicable. This includes ensuring that all issues are promptly dealt with in accordance with agreed service criteria
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
Good standard of education
Previous experience of working within a facilities environment in a supervisory or management role
Sound Knowledge/understanding of service delivery of hard and soft services in a multi-tenanted environment.
Experience in managing M&E and soft service contractors.
Previous service charge experience required.
A good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements, and ideally IOSH qualified.
Please apply if the Assistant Building Manager role is of interest, or contact Elliot Cariss Smith at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.