£35k per year
9 months ago
Build are working with a Private Sector Housing company as they look to appoint to the new role of Assistant Asset Manager
Assistant Asset Manager - Based Manchester (Deansgate) An exciting opportunity to support the Asset Management team with a rapidly expanding stabilised portfolio in the Manchester office.
Reporting into the Asset Manager the applicant will ideally have experience in both residential property management and lettings and will have an exceptional track record of managing maintenance spend, KPIs, reactive and long-term contracts, Schedule of Rates and quality control.
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of housing legislation and health and safety management to minimise operational risk to the funds. You will be responsible for achieving value and quality from maintenance contracts, through day-to-day cost management of contractors/agents and also site and property inspections to ensure quality of workmanship.
- Approve / monitor / coordinate all maintenance issues arising on a daily basis
- Be responsible for the control of all maintenance budgets and expenditure to meet the demands of the funds
- Deliver against all business performance and financial targets, ensure that risks are identified and managed and that regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Assist with policy and procedure implementation to ensure clear and consistent ways of working
- Monitor all customer, agent and client facing KPI's - Provide comment and analysis on maintenance budgeting and spend trends
- Support construction teams with advice on specification failures and building performance
- Work closely with the finance team to monitor raised work orders
- Regularly visit sites and liaise closely with the internal and external teams to ensure that any site maintenance issues are addressed effectively
- Proactively follow up with the Managing Agent and the building teams to ensure that repairs are dealt with
- Work closely with the Managing Agent and the internal marketing team to ensure customer complaints are being dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Work with the Managing Agent and construction partners to improve Customer relations and experiences
- Assist the marketing team to implement customer communications - Review the Managing Agent monthly reports and liaise on all matters arising
- Assist with monthly reports - rental income, arrears, bad debts, maintenance spend, Gross to Net figures, voids etc. Assistant Asset Manager Jan 2022 Requirements
The Successful Candidate - Experience / Skills required
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to integrate results - IT literate - Moderate excel skills
- A flexible approach to working hours and location
- Ability to travel across the business to meet the requirements of the role
- Residential property management and lettings experience
- Managing maintenance spend
- KPI monitoring
- Manage reactive and long-term contracts
- Control a Schedule of Rates
- Quality control
- Building repairs
- IRPM and/or ARLA qualifications desirable
- Fixflo experience desirable
- Relevant building and health & safety qualification
- Driving licence and own vehicle essential Candidate Qualities
- Process Driven
- Team Player
- Strategic and able to look at the bigger picture
- Ownership - taking issues forward with the contractors This is a massive opportunity in terms of exposure and will suit anyone looking to build on their skill set in a fast-based, rewarding environment.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Jen Radcliffe on 07879742988 or apply below
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.