Sales & Business Development
£25k - 30k per year + Bonuses
3 days ago
Position: Assistant Area Sales Manager
Sector: Construction- Roofing
Salary: £25,000-£30,000+ Milestone Payments + Benefits
Location: South West London / Surrey
My client, one of the leading companies in waterproofing and roofing systems, are on the look for an Assistant Area Sales Manager to join the business due to continuous growth.
- To ensure that you fully understand your role in delivering both the company business plan and objectives.
- Assist your line manager in developing a shared vision for the area(s) you have been assigned to.
- To plan and manage your time efficiently and effectively to ensure that you maximise productivity, whilst providing regular feedback on activity to your manager.
- To ensure that call cycles are properly recorded and adhered to.
- To maintain regular and effective liaison with existing clients in order to understand their needs and drivers and exceed expectations. Maximise business opportunity through specification sales and networking.
- To identify new clients and develop a strategy to maximise opportunities including arranging and / or delivering CPD seminars.
- To ensure that you maintain a positive and proactive level of communication with the existing contractor network, including regular meetings, to engender mutual trust and understanding.
- To seek and create new business by developing a clear understanding of market sector opportunity in your area and prioritising specifying clients within these sectors.
Experience and skills
- Degree, relevant professional qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Member of the Institute of Roofing (desirable)
- Relevant experience in a specification sales construction related environment or similar where relationship management is paramount.
- Experience of maintaining and developing customer and contractor relationships.
- Experience of working in the flat roofing industry with the knowledge of primary waterproofing systems.
- Experience of developing detailed written specifications and reports.
- Working to tight deadlines
- Experience of delivering presentations.
- Experience of working to and achieving targets.
- Experience of and willingness to conduct lone working.
- Experience of cold calling
- Experience of developing and acting on a plan to generate new business
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Aaron Battrawden at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.