£45k per year + van and fuel card
2 months ago
e are looking for an experienced Area Manager with excellent knowledge and experience of working with local authority clients, managing a trades team.
In return we offer an opportunity to hit the ground running working with a longstanding and well-established team with a healthy pipeline of future work. We also offer continuous improvement and performance to assist you in your career development within our region and Equans.
What will you deliver?
- This role is to provide line management support to onsite delivery teams/suppliers to ensure effective contract delivery for all aspects of our contract's requirements
- You will be responsible for managing a team of circa 10 operatives and a working supervisor
- Working with councils and local authorities on social housing
- Ensuring that the work undertaken by operatives and sub-contractors is satisfactorily and completed within the cost and priority constraints of the contract
- To control the costs of such items as man hours, equipment, vehicles, stock and tools, thus minimising wastage and avoidable expenditure
- On call and overtime is available and required
What can we offer you?
On offer is a salary between £40,000 - £45,000 depending on skills and experince as well as a company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 3 times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
Who are we looking for?
- Strong managerial experience
- Previous trades experience
- Social housing experience
- Ability to work and manage multiple sites
- Housing Legislation Knowledge
- Up to date relevant industry related knowledge
- Current knowledge of housing improvements, measured term contracts and schedule of rates
- Driving license is essential
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.