Elephant & Castle
£15 - 20 per hour
23 days ago
Area Facilities Officer
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
We are currently working with a public sector company to appoint an Area Facilities Officer based in Southwark. The perfect candidate will be hungry to develop and will bring a good amount of experience in an Area Facilities Officer role. If you enjoy getting out of the office and visiting different properties in various areas of London then this is the role for you.
As the Area Facilities Officer, you will have a portfolio of both commercial and residential properties managing and maintaining compliance for each of the properties, ensuring all building defect issues are either escalated or dealt with by yourself. This is a temp position for the first three months potentially moving to a six-month fixed-term contract.
Day to Day
- To undertake planned inspection and audit programs, recording details in the on-site building management compliance manual and where appropriate
- To respond promptly and confidently to emergency or urgent property management issues as they arise, seeking to resolve them as quickly and as cost-effective as possible.
- To specify and commission repair, maintenance and improvement works on behalf of the Corporate Facilities manager
- To ensure that all Health and Safety regulations, statutory legislation, and council policies are adhered to
- Knowledge of operational facilities management
- Excellent administration skills
- Heath and Safety qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in carrying out audits and writing operational reports
Please apply or contact Elliot Cariss Smith at Build Recruitment if the role of Area Facilities officer is something of interest.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.