£45k - 46k per year + industry leading benefits package
020 3176 4790
Architect - BR5
about 2 months ago
Role: Architect – Multidisciplinary Design Consultancy
Sector: Residential (Public & Private Sector)
Location: Orpington, South East London
Salary: £45,000 + industry leading benefits package
I am working with one of London’s leading multi-disciplinary design consultancies who are looking to develop the Architect division of their business, they are in the market for a fully qualified Architect to work on their portfolio of private and public sector residential projects from inception to completion.
The role would suit a candidate with the drive and ambition to be part of a successful and growing team, candidates must have strong communication skills with the ability to inter face with clients / contractors and other professionals working within an existing team, my client are ideally looking for a professional with 5 - 10 years experience in the UK residential market.
- Discussing concept ideas, project objectives and budgets of projects specifically within housing design.
- Writing and illustrating concepts around different types of architecture, explanation and analysis of a project's requirements to develop project briefs, strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports.
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports/ design proposals to clients.
- Managing self and outputs and that of support staff to prepare high quality, best practice documents that stand out due to their presentation, style and content.
- Working alongside multi-disciplinary teams.
- Preparing and contributing work to support applications for EIA, planning, building control and other statutory authorities.
- Meeting and establishing relationships with local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Design Leadership, capable of leading multidisciplinary design teams and sub consultants.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, orally, graphically and in writing.
- Experience in preparing and presenting feasibility reports, design and access statements and design proposals.
- Knowledge of UK best practice standards and commercial viability.
- Experience in residential architecture or site planning with consultancy or a private developer.
- Previous experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to provide production information packages with good presentation skills, leading a team on larger projects.
- ARB Registered Architect with a minimum of 5 - 10 years UK experience, working on residential projects.
- Excellent computer knowledge and fully conversant with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch Up.
- Experience in designing affordable and private housing within the UK.
- Strong knowledge of current UK building regulations and planning standards.
In return my client offers a competitive salary in the region of £45,000 + industry leading benefits package, as well as scope for progression throughout the companies structure and excellent support, training and guidance. If you are interested in the position or would like more information then please get in touch | Mike.Davis@buildrec.com | 07415 259 073 |
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.