£24k - 26k per year
020 3176 4790
7 months ago
My client is looking for a hands on facilities officer to start ASAP, the site is located in South London. You must be available to start immediately and must have previous experience. The facilities officer will support the day to day running of the facilities, building maintenance, refurbishments, projects and Health and Safety of properties owned and leased by the HCPC. Dealing with matters planned and arising in relation to Estates, security, customer service and emergencies. The candidate must come from a technical facilities background and be preapred to work a hands on role aswell as covering the admin and setting up meeting rooms.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
• Maintain all HCPC buildings to a safe standard, ensuring compliance with all health and safety, fire and environmental legislation and standards, identifying and responding to hazards in a timely manner.
• Engage with approved contractors to deliver contracted services including but not limited to security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, office moves, catering, waste disposal and recycling across all HCPC premises, as agreed by Office Services Management.
• Support the proactive maintenance schedule ensuring high quality of work and value for money across both hard and soft Facilities Management services. Including but not limited to air conditioning, smoke detection, security systems, boilers, heating, building and furniture fabric and office interiors and exteriors.
• To make good and carry out repairs and maintenance to HCPC premises as first response and escalating to Facilities Manager or suppliers and contractors as appropriate. Managing tasks assigned within the online ticketing system that relate to the Facilities team within defined service standards.
• Coordinate and support departmental projects whilst ensuring minimum disruption to core activities.
• Respond to emergencies across the estate, (e.g. major floods, power outages, major system failures, windows crashing etc.) utilising judgement and skill (escalating to Facilities Manager where necessary) to make safe or preventing unsafe access / use of buildings or facilities, and assisting with emergency evacuations.
• Organise required resources for all meeting rooms across the various estates as required by the organisation and as requested by colleagues through the Facilities service desk ticketing system.
Facilities Officers act as key holders for the estate and responsible for daily opening of the HCPC sites. The role requires being available out of business hours on a rota basis in order to respond to office related emergencies/ building issues or problems to core services affecting business continuity, e.g. break in, building damage / malfunction, power, plant or electrical problems to core services such as IT rooms or similar. All Facilities employees are contractually required to participate in the out-ofhours rota.
Liaise with the Reception team to provide a joined up service across the Office Services department. While being conversant with Reception procedures and equipment to provide cover services as required (on a regular basis) representing the HCPC.
If you are interested in the role please get in touch ASAP.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.