£23k per year + Bonus
020 3176 4790
26 days ago
Salary: £23K (£25.3K inc bonuses)
Hours: 8:00am – 17:00pm
I am currently looking for a accounts assistant to join a housing maintenance contractor based in Hertford.
- To support the efficient management and processing of supplier invoices.
- To provide support to the Credit Control Team reconciling the sales ledger.
- To ensure accuracy and timeliness of transactional entries and reconciliations.
- To undertake support to the general running of the head office.
Qualifications & experience
- Preferably working towards becoming AAT qualified.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a SME financial accounting environment.
- Intermediate skills working with Microsoft office, most importantly Excel.
- Experience of Sage 50 and/or other accounting software packages.
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues, whist knowing when to seek guidance.
Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays
- Private health care insurance (post probationary period)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lunch on Matt – once a month
- Perk box
- Inclusion in quarterly compliments scheme (£500 draw per quarter)
- Support in personal development aligned with succession planning and promotion opportunities
- Ensure new supplier set-up processes is followed by company personnel, gaining the relevant manager approval, and credit checks before entering new supplier into Sage.
- Receive all supplier invoices, credit notes, and personal expenses. Enter onto SAGE making sure the correct nominal code is used, and correct VAT treatment.
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliations, ensuring supplier accounts are up to date.
- Create payment proposal, and pass information for approval by Finance Manager.
- Allocate payments via the bank, to the relevant supplier accounts, and send remittance advice.
- Regularly review aged creditors, clearing/processing any debit balances in a timely manner.
- Manage queries with suppliers to ensure accounts are up to date, accurate and complete.
- Production of monthly purchase ledger reports and KPI’s.
- Validation of invoices against purchase order, resolving discrepancies internally or with supplier.
- In Sage: set up new customers and obtaining credit checks.
- Whenever required, raise manual customer invoices.
- Allocating cash receipts.
- Fielding incoming phone call to the Finance team.
- Raising non-material purchase orders.
- Supporting joiners and leavers with mobile phones and fuel cards.
- Supporting the Finance Manager and Senior Leadership Team with any general ad hoc finance tasks or projects.
- Strong collaboration with the finance team.
- External suppliers, internal Contracts Managers and supervisors. Good relationships essential for smooth running of the business.
The duties and responsibilities above are not exhaustive. The jobholder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the position. The jobholder will also be required to operate within the terms of his / her contract of employment and the policies and procedures that are contained from time to time in the Company Handbook.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.