The Kier Contract Mobilisation campaign delivered 57 contractors on site for project go-live.
Kier secured a £140m repairs and maintenance contract with Genesis Housing Association (GHA) that saw Kier provide responsive repair services to over 10,000 properties, as well as undertaking planned maintenance work across the whole GHA portfolio of 33,000 homes.
Build Recruitment were engaged exclusively by Kier to deliver a dedicated Contract Mobilisation programme.
We provided detailed support prior to the contract commencing that included working in partnership with Kier’s HR team to harmonise data and ensure accurate compliance collection. As a partner to Kier on the project we:
- Advised on pay rates and scales
- Worked with the Genesis volunteering team (Genesis Connect) to provide opportunities for their residents to secure jobs on the project
- Managed the application process and carried out initial screening interviews
- Conducted first stage interviews at Kier premises and at our offices
- Managed the administration process of offering jobs and coordinating start dates
- Onboarded all 57 candidates ensuring everyone started on time to meet project deadlines
I was very impressed with the professional and seamless approach to project management by the Build Recruitment team. They struck the right balance between owning the project and communicating with us, which isn't always as easy as it sounds! The quality of candidates supplied was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Simon Roberts, Partnership Manager, Kier