Clarion Response faced a significant task in transitioning the maintenance contracts for 20,000+ properties from external contractors back to Clarion Response, the repairs and maintenance arm of Clarion Housing Group.
Given the project scale and strategic importance, Clarion decided from the beginning that they required a recruitment partner with market-leading expertise in supporting new contract mobilisations. They chose to partner with Build Recruitment, largely owing to our strong track record in successfully delivering similar projects within the sector.
Clarion Response required over 100 permanent operatives spread across London and the midlands. With 17,500 properties in London and another 2,500 spread around Birmingham, Build Recruitment were engaged on a 3-month contract and given 60 roles to fill over 3 induction days.
Expecting an 85% retention rate on the new starts, Clarion Response set us a large task.
- 60 Hires, with an 85% retention rate within 3 months.
- Working seamlessly with the Clarion Response HR team.
- Complete recruitment process from Advertisement to Aftercare.
We worked hand in hand with the Clarion Response to ensure the hires were in-line with culture, values and skill fit of the business. Our team had multiple interviews and briefings with the HR team to ensure we were all on the same page before starting on the recruitment process.
- CV vetting, Telephone interviews, referencing, right-to-work verifications & driving-license checks.
- We advertised for all 60 roles and received 1400 applications
- Telephone Interviews
- First Stage Interviews
- Second Stage Interview Booking
- Offer forms sent, uniform sizes collected, in-person RTW confirmations.
- Weekly monitoring calls to candidates and managers, anonymous feedback surveys sent
After the 3-month period, we made 52 successful hires with a 95% retention rate, filling each induction day across both London and Birmingham.
- An Area Manager
- 6 Electricians
- 2 Labourers
- 39 Multi Trade Operatives
- 4 Planners
To discuss your mobilisation needs, contact Chris Ewart, CEO, on 020 3176 4790.